I learned today that it is officially "Hot Sauce Day". I didn't even know there was such a thing, but what a fun holiday! Check out this link:
Here are some fun hot sauce facts that I discovered as well:
- The first commercially available hot sauce was introduced in 1807.
- The oldest surviving brand is Tabasco, introduced in 1868.
- The United Kingdom is home to two of the hottest peppers in the world, the Naga Viper and the Infinity chili.
- A chili pepper's "hotness" is measured by the Scoville Scale - the higher the rating a pepper has on the scale, the more capsaicinoids it has and the more intense the chili flavor it has.
- India is the world's largest producer and consumer of chili peppers.
Probably many of you knew these facts before, but I found it a fun search. While I'm not a fan of Tabasco, it is amazing how long that brand has been around.
So I guess I'll have to add some hot sauce to dinner! The kids have already decided they want spaghetti for tonight's dinner, so we'll experiment with Hott spaghetti and maybe some Hott garlic bread. I'll put NW Elixirs Hott Sauce on the table as a condiment for the spaghetti sauce, and add Verde Hott to the garlic butter before we toast the bread. I'll let you know what everyone thinks next time.
Leave me some comments on how you are going to celebrate Hot Sauce Day! I'd love to hear some creative ideas to try out myself.